“It’ll make your jaw drop”, remarked Steve Jobs in a magazine interview once. Born in San Francisco, California, this co-founder and CEO of Apple did nothing short of that remark when he oversaw the revolution created by iMac, iTunes, iPod, iPhone and iPod and the growth in company’s financial returns with the success of App store to make Apple a truly globally valued product. A truly charismatic leader, he is held as the man behind the innovation of not only one of the most iconic brand in the history of technology but a global lifestyle itself.
(1) My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious
resource we all have is time.
(2)“If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have
to be pushed. The vision pulls you.”
(3) For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself:
‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?
And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need
to change something.
(4) A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing
for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting
great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.
(5)”If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look
back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and
whoever you were and throw them away.”
(6) “My model for business is the Beatles. They were four guys who kept each
other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other, and
the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business:
Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team
(7) Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
(8) “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to make them better.”
(9) Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at
night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.
(10) “We’ve gone through the operating system and looked at everything and asked
how can we simplify this and make it more powerful at the same time.”