Social media is just a short of an incident with the success of Twitter and Facebook. This success made people to do great things. Meanwhile there are few social media sites that are failed. Of course the failure social media sites are unpopular.
- Itunes Ping: It failed because it was capable of previewing only 30 seconds of song. Overly filtered environment and restraints on user’s experience.
- Eons: It was discovered by the founder of Monste.com. It had a bad idea to target demographics solely around age.
- Diaspora: The major reason to its failure is the users are required to install an app on their computer.
- Orkut: It was the first failed social site before the introduction of facebook. It was too slow.
- Xanga: It is overpowered by a sexier Myspace. More dominant blogging platforms were emerged.
- Digg: Facebook became the most powerful competitor for dig and their consumers were fickle. It was once a successful news aggregator website
- Friendster: It filed to pay attention on social sharing, connecting, and address sluggish site loading issue and to scale as primary massive waves of new users.
- Myspace: It was automatically dominated with the invention of Facebook. There was no much effort in rising any social platform.